With the ever-changing nature of the current situation due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we decided to publish the “Daily COVID-19 Travel Update: Entry Regulations” series of blog posts.
Please read below the most recent travel updates and entry regulations during the coronavirus pandemic.
Passengers who have been vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 are now exempt from the testing and quarantine requirements (unless they are arriving from a virus variant country). Vaccines approved in Switzerland, by the European Medicines Agency, or by the WHO are accepted (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Janssen, AstraZeneca, Sinopharm).
Non-residents arriving from the United Kingdom can no longer enter for non-essential purposes such as tourism. All passengers arriving from the United Kingdom must have a negative result of a COVID-19 PCR or rapid antigen test, taken within 48 hours prior to departure.
Other Daily Updates
- Montenegro – negative results obtained from COVID-19 rapid antigen tests are now accepted, in addition to PCR tests.
- Portugal – passengers arriving from the Netherlands and Croatia no longer need to self-isolate after arrival.
- Romania – A country categorization by color has been introduced. Passengers arriving from red countries (Netherlands, Sweden, France, Belgium included) are subject to self-isolation for 14 days. Passengers arriving from yellow countries (Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Italy included) without a negative test result are subject to self-isolation for 14 days. Passengers arriving from green countries (United Kingdom) are exempt from testing and quarantine requirements. The full list of green, yellow and red countries is available at: gov.ro/fisiere/pagini_fisiere/Anexa_la_HCNSU_nr._31_din_21.05.2021.pdf
- Sri Lanka – entry restrictions are now lifted. Citizens, residents, business travelers with the approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and tourists with the approval from Sri Lanka Tourism are again allowed to enter (unless they have been in India or Vietnam in the past 14 days).
- United Arab Emirates – passengers arriving in Abu Dhabi from Germany, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Spain, or United States are no longer required to quarantine.
*IMPORTANT NOTE* Please be aware that Viselio is not liable for the information provided in this blog and a final confirmation should be obtained from official governmental authorities.
Need a visa?