International travel is resuming, with many adjustments and health safety as a top priority.
All countries are trying to contain the spread of COVID-19 with arriving travelers by following coronavirus pandemic restrictions. The safety protocol many are practicing is mandatory proof of negative COVID-19 test on entry. However, this protocol is fast-changing, and the type of test that is required may vary from county to country.
To help out travelers keep up with the requirements regarding COVID-19 testing for travel, we decided to publish the most important information on a weekly basis.
Entry regulation updates
- Brazil – a result of an antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to departure is now also accepted instead of the PCR.
- France – Kuwait, Qatar, Rwanda, Senegal, and United Arab Emirates are now categorized as green countries, while Algeria, Colombia, Morocco, South Africa, Tunisia, and Ukraine are orange countries.
- Japan – vaccinated passengers arriving from non-designated countries are subject to a shortened self-isolation period of 10 days, while vaccinated passengers arriving from designated countries do not need to spend the first three days at government facilities and can also end self-isolation after 10 days. Accepted vaccines are Pfizer, Moderna, and AstraZeneca, 14 days after the second dose. Only the vaccination certificates issued in the following countries are accepted (Switzerland included).
- Russia – passengers arriving from the United Kingdom are no longer required to self-isolate.
- Singapore – from 18.10.2021, passengers who had been fully vaccinated in Canada, Denmark, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom or the United States of America and who obtained a Vaccinated Travel Pass will be allowed to enter.
- South Korea – passengers arriving from certain visa-waiver countries (Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden, and United Kingdom included) can now enter with an Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA).
- United Kingdom – as of 04.10.2021, United Kingdom started classifying countries to red and other countries. Unvaccinated passengers arriving from other countries have to present a negative test result prior to departure and get tested on days 2 and 8 after arrival. They are required to self-isolate for 10 days, with the option of testing negative on day 5 and ending the self-isolation. Passengers arriving from other countries with vaccination certificates issued in EU/Schengen countries, as well as other specified countries are now exempt from all requirements except for day 2 testing.
Important news for Swiss travelers
Listed below are the countries that have included a COVID-test as a mandatory entry requirement for unvaccinated passengers traveling from Switzerland.
For more information about traveling from other countries, visit out Viselio Entry Monitor.
Why use Viselio COVID-19 testing services
It can be really challenging for travelers to get tested on time, as many countries are requiring documentation of a negative COVID-test within a limited timeframe (24-72 hours before your trip).
You can get tested in a number of places including some pharmacies, private and public clinics, hospitals, etc. However, published turnaround times of test results vary greatly – from an hour to 5 days, and reality does not always match expectations… This is why many travelers have horrible experiences – from missing their flights or overspending to catch the first next one, to having to cancel their trips without any refunds.
We have created a system of COVID-testing specifically for travelers, where fast and internationally recognized results are guaranteed! Don’t just take our word for it. See what others say.
Before ordering on our website you can check the exact travel requirements that are necessary for your trip, which will help you act accordingly.
Our COVID-19 testing services are provided by state-accredited laboratories. The analyses are done by certified biomedical staff with delicate precision and up to the highest biomedical standards.
We guarantee that:
- You will save time by ordering/booking test online
- Your results will be delivered within 6-24h via email
- Our tests are internationally recognized
- Our prices are the lowest in the country
Besides providing COVID-19 testing services for travelers, there are many other benefits that Viselio can provide to each and every client. We offer a fully automated visa application service, invitations letters, and other necessary travel documentation. You can read more about Viselio and our services here.
Below you can find helpful answers to the most frequently asked questions about Viselio services. For anything else, our Customer Service Agents are available to you Monday – Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm. You can communicate with them in English, German, or French via email, telephone call, or website chat.